[API] Adding TSVConnReenableEx
Susan Hinrichs
2018-10-17 18:58:19 UTC
The current TSVConnReenable() only takes a VConn as an argument. The two
other Reenable calls, TSHttpSsnReenable and TSHttpTxnReenable take an
object (Txn or Ssn) and a TSEvent as arguments. The event lets the plugin
signal back to the core whether its processing was successful or not.

I propose adding another version of the VConn reenable which takes an event
argument.

void TSVConnReenableEx(TSVConn vconn, TSEvent event);

Code change is in the following PR
https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/4427.

Specifically the PR includes a test plugin that exercises the new API to
fail the origin certificate validation.

https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/4427/files#diff-b416ec5062d966ed6a67304514e5151c

Please share your thoughts on this proposal.

Thanks,

Susan
Susan Hinrichs
2018-10-18 14:43:30 UTC
Updated the PR based on Walt's observation that we could just use
TS_EVENT_CONTINUE and TS_EVENT_ERROR rather than creating
TS_EVENT_VCONN_CONTINUE and TS_EVENT_VCONN_ERROR
Susan
Susan Hinrichs